Friday, March 25, 2016

First Fridays: Never Too Late

Since becoming obsessed with hanging out at Yoho Mall, I've been walking past this place almost weekly:  Never Too Late.  It has such a cool display outside…and such a catchy name.  We made it a point to try it out, but never really did for weeks…until TODAY!


We dropped in around lunch time, which was noon-ish and there were plenty of seats available.  Most people dropped in around 1pm…so, that's a good thing to note.  Maybe next time…if we are in the area, we might drop in around noon again to try something else?


Never Too Late Info:
Location
Shop 7, Ground Floor Chun Chu House
1 Castle Peak Road
Yuen Long

Contact
2442 0 7888

Hours
Daily from noon to 10:30 pm.

***It's easy to find because it's right next to Aloy Mak Mak (one of the popular Thai restaurants on Castle Peak Road (Yuen Long section).



The great thing about this place is that they offered a lunch set menu.  With the lunch set, they offered a soup, a salad, a main dish, and a drink (coffee or tea).  It made me wonder if there were desserts offered for dinner!!!!

Another great thing is that the price of the set and the portion of the dishes are pretty good.  The soup was a sensible quantity.  The salad was a good quantity (even the amount of dressing sprinkled on top was a good amount).  And the main dish was a good size.  Though, I do wish the drinks were bigger.  But, the drinks were small…like most cafes in the area.

The third great thing about this place was the service.  The staff were so incredibly attentive to us.  That alone makes me not mind returning no Never Too Late for the dinner options!


Inside, the decor is pretty chic, modern and clean.  I was totally into that.  It is another one of the more fancier places in Yuen Long town!




For starters, we got bread and soup…



Then a green salad…


I got a lemon tea…


My husband got the coffee…


I got the cod for my main dish…

This was all right.  Besides the slab of cod, it was a mix of mashed potatoes (which is total soul food for me), spinach and cheese.  The spinach and mashed potatoes were the highlight for me though…


My husband got the chicken…

This was nice.  It was orange flavored and also came with a pillow of mashed potatoes.


Overall, this was a nice place to try.  There was steak on the menu…which sort of makes me want to go back…

1.  I liked the ambience.  Quite a nice change from the local HK Style Cafes!

2.  The price was right.

3.  It's a nice quiet place to have a luncheon.

4.  The staff were so nice!

5.  The lunch set was a total bang for my buck! (talking about proportions to the dollar)