Friday, February 19, 2016

Amazing Finds: Lone Bee

I was walking around Yuen Long town, still up-keeping my New Year's Resolution of keeping myself moving, and I came upon the wonderful smell of some osmanthus bushes around the Yuen Long Swimming Pool.  I absolutely love the smell of osmanthus in the air.  It's also one of my favorite dessert dim sums to order at the dim sum houses.

Nearby the osmanthus bushes was where the beautiful flowers of spring caught my eye.  And then I realized that the area was filled with bees…busy collecting nectar from these beautiful orange flowers that were spiraling around the sitting areas.


I went to sit down a little ways away to just enjoy the view of the spring flowers…and realized that, where I was sitting, there was one lone bee that was just laying so absolutely still in front of my bench.  I was no where near the flowers…and no where near any other bees…that's when I realized that this lone bee had flown over here to pass away…



…or he was just tired and decided to rest as far away from the other bees as he could…which I can totally relate to.  There are days when it just gets too crowded to be around people.  And I just absolutely love finding places where I can have time to myself and space to myself…which is why walking around Yuen Long Park has been a good option for me to walk every other day…it's just peaceful and not loaded with crowds of people.


I'd like to think this bee was probably feeling quite overwhelmed with life and decided to just fly away from society to get some peace and quiet…


It was nice to just watch him…even though he might have been wanting some alone time…


Hopefully, he wasn't so bothered with me staring at him every so often...