My husband asked me, "When you leave this world, what do you want to leave behind?"
The first things to rush into my mind were all things that I still need to do with my life:
1. I need to travel more
2. I would like to try more High Tea places
3. I want to start a family
4. I need to be with my family more
5. I want to write a book
6. I need to make this city my home
7. I would love to purchase my own home
8. I need to learn the language of the land
9. I would love to stick with my amazing part-time job and remain part-time
10. I want to continue dancing hula with my wonderful hula pals
11. I want to skate more and continue feeling youthful
12. I want to write a blog
I'm sure I can add a lot more to this list.
With all the things that I want to still do, what will I be leaving behind that is meaningful? What will I leave behind that will benefit the world? I left my previous job with a great motivation to find my mission in life. After a few months of delving into the world of part-time working and part-time living, I have acquired so many new interests, friends, and experiences.
I want to start this blog with recollections and stories from my past, with thoughts of the moment, and my goals and plans for the future. I want to write as much as I can and leave this content behind for whomever might find it interesting. Who knows how this will all pan out.
|The marina back home|
|My new urban jungle|