Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Lantau Holiday: Village Bakery


A great place for breakfast, brunch, or afternoon tea is the Village Bakery in Mui Wo.

I had gotten bakery gifts from this place from both my husband and my friends.  Every cupcake and pastry that I had gotten were always so delicious.  So, visiting the Village Bakery was a no brainer for our Staycation.







I actually didn't realize how trendy and hipster (meant as a compliment) the Village Bakery would be.  There is a really great selection of teas, pastries, cakes, and cheeses.  The staff were nice the twice times that we went in.  And the prices are really great.  There is a table for two inside the shop and also some benches to sit on outside (where you can soak up the lovely sun's rays).  My visit to the Bakery was more than I was expecting.  I have only praise for it.


Below are just a few of the items that we tried.  I wish I could have blogged about more, but my stomach is small and we just didn't have enough days!  There's actually a great bunch of restaurants and eateries all over Mui Wo, which also made it difficult to sample every thing!  But we made it a point to visit this place because it was so highly talked about my friend.

Minced Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Latte
Jelly Donut
We actually got the jelly donuts to go and ate them on the ferry ride back into Central.  While we were waiting for the ferry one of the Staff members went out of his way to ask about where we were from, what we were doing in Mui Wo, and also things to see the next time we came by.

Fun Fact:  The guy who we talked to on our last day of our Staycation said that the baker started baking at 4 in the morning.  He said that the baker had to come early to stock the shelves of the Bakery.  I'm always so impressed at how dedicated people are!  It is inspiring!

I love their humor!

 Sad Fact:  Sometimes, when you think your camera is focused, it comes out not to be.