Monday, March 14, 2016

Maxim Cakes

Sometimes, I wonder where my head is!  I always try to capture things that I do during my days…but sometimes, the images come out quite blurry.  I think, in this case, I was just overly excited to eat some mini cakes!

The Maxim Cake Taste Test
Apologies for the blur...

Has anyone else passed a Maxim's bakery in the MTR and wanted to test out the cakes?

They always look so beautiful and decadent…but then I think about how most cakes that I get at any of the local bakeries are mostly filled with air.  When I eat a cake, I like the ones that are more dense…like cheesecakes…over mousses.

But, today, we were having guests over to our humble little abode and they brought over some Maxim cakes.  It was the perfect time to taste test them…


They were all little pies.  One was a peach pie, which was filled with whipped cream.  It was pretty good…though, IF ONLY THE PEACH WERE FRESH!!!


I was looking forward to the Oreo cake, but the Oreo was a bit soggy.  The cream below it was pretty  nice though.


I'm always a fan of chestnuts…so I was looking forward to taste testing this one…it was also nice and filled with cream…


The last one that I tried was a fruit medley.  This was nice because of the fresh fruit, but it was also filled with cream...


The mini cakes were pretty nice for afternoon tea.  They were a light little treat, which I totally appreciated!!!!  It's interesting how these cakes are filled mainly with cream.  It is what makes it a good little treat.

Today was one of those days when I could say that I CAME, I SAW, and I CONQUERED.  Yup, it was nice to be able to try out the Maxim Cakes.  It's one of those things I would not have done on my own.

I think that I might not go out of my way to hunt down a Maxim's cake, but…when in Rome…I would totally not mind having one of these little treats again!


And…whenever you need a Maxim's it is just around the corner!  So, it's like 7-Eleven…convenient to get a sweet fix!