Friday, November 6, 2015

The Outback in Tuen Mun

I feel like I am the last person on the West-Rail side to know that there is an Outback Steakhouse in Tuen Mun.  We discovered it today after we watched Sicario at the Tuen Mun Cinema.  The Outback Steakhouse is located in a pretty nice area of the mall.  It also has the dual option of sitting inside, where there was a wait list, or sitting outside, where we opted to people watch.


I've never been to an Outback Steakhouse before, not even the one in Seattle.  The idea of having a steak and their infamous blooming onion lured me in.



We ordered the soup/salad, which was pretty typically normal.  The tomato-based soup was pretty good, though it looked like Thousand Island dressing.  The salad was just the typical, tossed together green salad.  Nothing special.


 The bread and "butter" came next, which was pretty good.  I always appreciate a good dinner roll.


Then our BLOOMIN ONION came and I was so over excited.  The sauce was pretty good and we could get a refill when it was out.  It was actually a bit too oily for me.  There was more batter to onion ratio than I'd prefer.  But, the first 10 bites were heavenly.  Afterwards, I just started getting that greasy feeling all over…you know the one?


We also ordered the usual iced-lemon tea, which is a Hong Kong staple.


The last thing that came to our table was our steak.  This was so delicious, so tender, and so lovely to eat.  It's pretty rare that I have a steak, so this was really a great treat.


If asked whether or not I would return to the Outback Steakhouse, I might say, "probably not."  It wasn't anything extraordinarily special.  There are, as I've said time and time again, so many other places that I have still yet to try!!!

But, it was really nice to sit in the indoor/outdoor patio area and people watch.  The service was so quick and the staff were so incredibly nice.  It was a lovely experience!