I was excited to be going to a new karaoke place in town (besides Neway), but totally failed on producing any images to share. Though the lack of bloggable fodder, I still have a lot to say about how great Red Mr is in the song selection department.
But…before any night out, a pit stop at the local noodle joint is a must. Right next to the Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) Red Mr Karaoke place is a nice little noodle shop that was just calling my name.
The staff were pretty awesome and the service was reasonably fast. The best part was the price of the dishes though.
After filling up on some dinner, I met with a group of friends at we headed to a highly recommended karaoke place called Red Mr. One of my friends said that she had a really good experience at the Causeway Bay location. So, it was really awesome to be able to find it in the TST area because it's just more convenient for everyone to get to.
Red Mr is pretty easy to find, near the intersection of Carnarvon Road and Hanoi Road. It sits right across the street from K11 Art Mall. The easiest way to get to it is taking the TST East MTR Exit N2 and walking straight towards Carnarvon Road. Red Mr will be on the right. It's easy to see because there is a huge RED sign on the 2nd floor of the building.
1-2 Floor 25 - 31 Carnarvon Road
Tsim Sha Tsui
10:30 am - 6am (the next day)
Like most karaoke places, you can book a room for a private little party. You get microphones and mic covers for sanitation purposes. And you can download the Red Mr App to select songs from your mobile instead of using the touch screen in the room.
We had a nice room that fit about 8 people comfortably. And we all paid the basic $220 HKD per head. This covered two drinks and spanned from 8 - 11:45 pm. There was an additional $30 HKD charge for specialty drinks.
1. Red Mr had a lot of new songs (hit songs) that were from the 2015s. Some other places around town have older songs out of 1990s under their English Song Selection List.
2. There are songs available in Korean, Japanese, English, Taiwanese, Cantonese, Mandarin…and more.
3. The rooms are so nice and new.
4. I loved how you could select songs from personal mobiles. The only downside, that we discovered, is that you had to download the Chinese App (instead of the English one) to be able to get the full song selection list.
5. The food and drink menus were pretty awesome.
I'd totally choose to return to Red Mr in the future instead of going to the other karaoke places around town. And that's a decision based mostly on the really great English song list!