Wednesday, November 25, 2015

YOHO Mall

Rarely do I go to Yoho Town or the Sun Yuen Long Center these days.  Ever since they closed the Park N Shop superstore, I haven't really found much use in traveling to the other side of Yuen Long just to visit the mall.  

But, today, thought we'd take a walk down to the other end of the town to see if there were any new places to eat.

Our first stop was the Sun  Yuen Long Center, which is now called YOHO MALL (Phase 1).  I had periodically, over the summer (and past years) seen this place under construction, but I didn't realize how upscale it literally has become.

I mean, the Starbucks, which I have been two only a few times, seemed like the only good thing this mall had for awhile.


But, with all the Christmasy decorations up, it seem alike a right proper mall when we walked through…though they are still going under construction at the top level and other parts of the mall.


 YOHO MALL Phase one has pretty average shops, like a little beauty zone, where you can find Origins, Jurlique, Loccitane and Toly Moly…


Some boutiques with trendy clothes, shoes, and accessories…



A legitimate service counter, where you can get information on public transportation…where shops are located, etc…


A zone for sports gear, sports wear, and trendy clothes…


And a zone where there are cafes, restaurants, and the like…


Down one of the corridors, there is also an area exclusively for travel agencies, which is quite convenient…



And good ole Fusion Supermarket is also found inside here…


From Phase 1, you can walk the sky bridge over to YOHO TOWN Phase 2.




This section of the YOHO MALL COMPLEX is actually my favorite.  It has most of the shops that I love and a really good selection of eateries, which I also LOVE!


They have Collection Point, which is a grouping of some of the trendiest clothes around town :  Niko and…, Global Work, and Lowry's Farm.



This side of the mall is less crowded than the other side, but it did seem like mostly the younger crowd were hanging out here.


…I wonder if it is because the H&M, ZARA, Jack Wills, and Victoria's Secret are on this side!




Dotted around this side of the mall, there are shops that are more international and also a bunch of restaurants that are more upscale than the usual Yuen Long eatery.  It's actually a really great place, which I sort of feel the people of YOHO MIDTOWN might frequent more than the locals around Yuen Long town.


It was such a nice surprise to see how nice this mall was.  It makes me feel like I don't have to go all the way down into Central to shop for things or get some good food on a good occasion.  I'm pretty stoked that YOHO MALL opened up.


I'm not sure if I like how Yuen Long is developing into a more upscale type of town, but I do appreciate the shops that are coming in…it does make life a bit more convenient…and it makes it seem more like home instead of Yuen Long!!!