Friday, April 29, 2016

Parade in Yuen Long

It was one of those mornings when I found myself in the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time.  I was on my way out when I noticed drums beating to my right along On Ning Road…and down the way a parade was starting up.

Someone told me it was in honor of Tin Hau, but I'm not too sure about it.  I do know that the Labour Day holiday is coming up on Monday…but I sort of think that this little parade was not related to that!

So, if anyone has an idea what this parade was about, please let me know!

Catching the parade was quite exciting!  Though it was small, it was mighty!  Reminds me of the parades back home…we used to go to them all the time in Hawaii.  We used to sit out on straw mats on the main street and wait for the parades to start.  I think, back in the 80s, people still really enjoyed seeing parades…I feel like I've sort of outgrown them.

Outgrowing parades?  Well…the last time I was in Disneyland (3 years ago), I didn't even care to see the parade.

This morning, though…made me relive the memories of the great times I had watching dancers, marching bands, and floats…

Perhaps I should catch parades more often!

***Scenes from today's parade!***