Friday, February 13, 2015

Simply Life Luncheon

There are so many places in Hong Kong to try (food-wise).  Free standing restaurants, food stalls, and local eateries are plentiful.  So, eating at the mall isn't one of my top priorities.  But, I have been wanting to try a place at Festival Walk called Simply Life.  



Whenever I am down at Festival Walk, I always see Simply Life and make a mental note to have lunch there one day.  And today was the day.

The thing that attracted me the most was the outdoor sitting area.  It looks like you're sitting on a porch or on some veranda in New Orleans (or any location of your choice).  And, if I had the option to sit indoors or outdoors, I'd prefer outdoors…especially if the weather is nice.


Another perk of getting outdoor seating is that it looks over the ice rink.


The lunch menu had a great variety on top of the soup/salad + drink.


The coffee was average, but did the job.


I got the English Big Breakfast set, which was DELICIOUS.  It was a sizable proportion that I would definitely half with a friend when I go back next time.


Though we were sat at an incredibly small table on the patio, it made for a lovely photo...  Smaller tables means more intimate space, right?  We didn't mind, but, to forewarn, the tables may be small and the plates may be incredibly large.  So, if you prefer more space, there are bigger table options for sure!


Besides being a full on restaurant, there was a bakery attached to Simply Life…as well as a window that we could watch the bakers do their thing.



If you are looking for a nice place for an afternoon of socializing and coffee drinking, meeting at Simply Life is a great option!