Another easy recipe…
...which is great for the summer months…
…which was inspired by Sandy from Easy Cooking with Sandy…
...and which I have been having most lunches this week…
is a Greek Salad.
NOTE: Most ingredients can be easily found in the local Hong Kong supermarkets, but some items (like the feta cheese) probably has to be found at the local Taste or Fusion rather than the Park N Shop or Wellcome.
The recipe is good enough for two people.
1. Half a head of lettuce
2. Half a cucumber
3. 1/4 of a red onion (more if you like onion!)
4. Half of a red bell pepper
5. Half of a green bell pepper
6. Two tomatoes (more if you like!)
7. Some Fetta cheese (I used about half of the block that I bought)
8. The juice and zest of a lemon (for the dressing)
9. Salt (as much as you like to taste)
10. Pepper (as much as you like to taste)
11. 1/2 tablespoons of oregano (for the dressing)
12. 3 tablespoons of olive oil (of the dressing)
13. 1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic (or more if you like) for the dressing
1. Chop up all the lettuce, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, and fetta cheese (into little blocks or crumble them if you like).
2. For the dressing: Add the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice and zest, and oregano into a separate bowl.
3. Mix the dressing together, then pour it over the salads, mix the dressing in with the salad.
4. Salt and pepper to test.
The ending results is a tangy, crispy, and lovely Greek Salad for two!