Friday, December 11, 2015

Applegreen

Because of the recent discovery of the BRAND NEW YOHO MALL, we decided to check out some of the new restaurants inside.  We decided on Applegreen, which is a California influenced restaurant.  I'm not really sure what that means, but I am guessing there is a mix of Mexican with healthy salads!


I loved the entire set up of the restaurant.  There was a beautiful "outdoor" deck area that catches a wonderful amount of natural lighting.  There were also a lot of plants that bedazzled the space.  I really loved how it felt quite clean and green!


The menu was really nice.  There were so many options.  The best part was that some of the dishes came with the option of getting a half size.  The price was not that bad either, for a Western-style restaurant, which you are paying for the great service, the unique food experience, and the ambiance.


I'm not sure about this, but those balls hanging from the ceiling might be part of the Christmas decorations that were set up this year.



The first thing we ordered was a salad.  This was called the Pollo Taco.  It was a chicken, avocado, and jalapeños salad, with a bit of a taco on the side.  Once we got through with all the lovely bits on the top, there was a bunch of lettuce below that didn't have any more of the corn dressing that was drizzled over the top.  It was quite good though.


The second thing we ordered was the Irish Nacho appetizer.  It just sounded so delicious that we had to get it to see what it was all about.  Turns out that the Irish Nacho is a bunch of fried potato bits covered with bacon, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream and jalapeños.  This was probably my favorite because it was so delicious (and unhealthy).


The third dish we got was the clam chowder.  It's been a bit chilly these days, so a hot soup sounded really nice.  The chowder was really awesome.  It was loaded with clams.  It was a bit OVERLOADED with clams for me, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit.  The cheesy bread on top of the chowder was also really amazing.  I really enjoyed the texture and flavor that that had to offer to the chowder.


I think this walnut/banana bread came complimentary with our meal.  We ended up taking it home in a doggy bag because the food really filled us up.  In the future (maybe tomorrow morning), I plan to toast this and spread some butter on it.  It looks delicious, so I have high hopes that it will be delicious.


Overall:

1.  I loved my experience at Applegreen

2.  I'd totally return here to try the other salads

3.  I liked how there was a mix of healthy/unhealthy dishes

4.  I really loved the "outdoor" environment

5.  I appreciated the service…and how they gave us privacy!