'Tis the season for buying dried cranberries!
I was looking online for some muffin recipes and came across this one, which is a basic vanilla muffin recipe.
But, I decided to toss in some alternative ingredients and LOW AND BEHOLD, it turned out quite nice!
What you need:
1. 2 cups flour
2. 1 cup sugar
3. 1/2 teaspoon salt
4. 1 egg
5. 3/4 cup almond milk
6. 1/3 cup vegetable oil
7. 1 cup of dried cranberries
8. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What I did:
1. First, I incorporated all of the dry ingredients into a bowl: flour, sugar, salt
2. After mixing the dry ingredients together, I incorporated the wet ingredients: egg, almond milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract
3. After mixing all that together, I dropped in a cup of cranberries and mixed that into the batter
4. Then I loaded my muffin batter into my cupcake cups and put them into my toaster oven for about 22 minutes.
NOTE: My toaster oven was set to the highest heat, which I have no idea what it is because it is not written anywhere. This is where I kept an eye on my muffins to see if they were cooking through (I stuck a toothpick through the center of a few to see if the batter was completely baked).
5. After about 22 minutes, I pulled the muffins out and let them cool before putting in my second load!
In the end, here is what I got. They were actually quite CONDENSED and HEAVY. I think it was because I didn't use self-rising flour and olive oil.
But, they where really nice to eat.
Next time, I'm going to try them with self-risng flour for sure…and some vegetable oil!