Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Landmark Decorations

This year, I'm on a roll with visiting the shopping malls.  I haven't actually been doing anything but window shopping because I bought most of the things on my Christmas list online during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.  But, I am just liking hanging out at the malls and comparing all of the Christmas decorations.

Today, I found myself in Central's Landmark Shopping Mall.


I was just passing through the mall, stopped to gawk in awe of the amazing display at the center of the mall.


They had out a huge display of Santa's workshop…only his elves were replaced by cuddly teddy bears.


The theme of this year was called Santa Paws and the Wishing Machine.  It really is such a great name for such a beautiful display.


The entire thing is quite steam-punk-esque.  I just loved it.  It is definitely one of the best displays I've seen this year.

The even more amazing thing is that, when making a wish through the Wishing Machine, all donations are given to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  I only found out about this after the fact, but it makes me love The Landmark even more for their generosity during this holiday season…makes me wonder if the displays throughout the year are all charity-based too.


This was definitely the place to be today, with everyone snapping shots of the teddies in their workshop.


Above the atrium there were also a couple of flying machines!


The counters around the display base are the number of wishes that were made since the end of November…supposedly.  So, as of today, there have been over 200,000 wishes made in the Wishing Machine.


What a wonderful surprise to find such a wonderful display on a day like today!