Wednesday, August 27, 2014

TapaZ Luncheon

Today, I found myself back at Langham Place in Mong Kok.  Because it's that time of year when everyone is going back to school, I thought it would be great to shop the sales, plus, I met with a friend for lunch.

I used to work in Mong Kok and used to head over to Langham Place a lot, but never tried TapaZ.  So, I thought it was a great place to taste test.  

TapaZ info:
13/F Langham Place
8 Argyle Street, Mong Kok
Mong Kok MTR Exit C

Langham Place is connected the MTR station, which makes it such a convenient place to meet with friends and avoid walking the crowded streets.  The only bother is that the elevators to the 13th Floor take ages to catch.  I think the best way to get up to TapaZ and the other restaurants at the top of Langham Place is to ride the elevators and walk up The Spiral.  It is a good bit of exercise, a fun ride, and gets you hungry for lunch/dinner.

Add caption


Sample of the menu


Peach tea and Lychee Soda
We opted for tapas because we were eating at Tapaz.

Mini Review
Presentation (4/5)
I like minimal, but minimal with some effort.  The dishes were clean, the food was clean, and we got funky dishes in the square family.  I'm not so picky with TapaZ's choice of presentation.

Taste (3/5)
I've had better, but it was good because I was starving.  My friend had lived in Barcelona for awhile and also noted that nothing beats the authentic thing.  The food was a bit dry, tough to chew, and the sauces a bit flavorless.  The crab croquette was my favorite of the three tapas we ordered.

Ambience (5/5)
I felt like we were special guests because we were the only two up there at noon.  This makes me want to eat at noon more often because the lunch rush came after we left!  We got to sit on an indoor patio, which is always fun.  Music was playing in the background, the wait staff gave us mondo privacy, and the decor was fun.

Price (3/5)
This place is pricey.  But, if you are looking for a treat with your friends, the price WOULD be all right...IF THE FOOD tasted better.  I think that I might have not ordered the best of the best tapas...so, from my first impression, the food wasn't worth the price.

Fried Cheese
Chorizo

Crab Croquette with Aioli Sauce



My friend and I shared the same feelings about the meal, but had a great time none-the-less.  I thought I would leave this blog post with a photo from the top of Langham Place and also the fabulous mall decorations.  Whilst walking down through The Spiral, we noticed that a NEW little restaurant just opened.  It was a My Melody and Kuromi Pop-up Cafe...That's something I have to make a point to visit in the near future!

Looking down from the 13/F

Walking down The Spiral

Catching a ride down the escalator