Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Malaysia Trip: Tiles

When I used to travel with my sister, we would do a lot of walking.  When I lived abroad, especially in Japan, I would walk all over the place.  Moving to Hong Kong, I also walk to and fro.  It's my favorite pastime and there are always wonderful and interesting things to find along the journey.

Something beautiful about the streets of Georgetown, Penang are the tiles that adorn the sidewalks, shop floors, doorsteps of residences, and the floors of residences. There were so many combinations, colors, and designs.  It was lovely to walk the open streets and just soak in the tile designs.

Take a walk with me!

***WARNING:  TILE OVERLOAD!!!***


Along the sidewalks of Georgetown, Penang...






Into the mansions of Georgetown, Penang...






I have tiles on my own apartment floors, but nothing as beautiful and striking as the ones I was honored to walk across!

And, speaking of walking, those Converse and I have been through a lot.  We've walked all over Seattle, Vancouver, Nashville, Honolulu, Tokyo, Kyoto, Manila, Cebu, Bali, Bangkok, Phuket, Phi Phi Island, Kuala Lumpur, Palau Redang, Terrengganu...and now Georgetown together.  I look forward to many more years and many more adventures to come...