Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Malaysia Trip: Batu Ferringgi

When we heard about the Night Market over in Batu Ferringgi, we just had to check it out.  

I love love love Night Markets.  Back in my high school days, I remember driving up to Vancouver with my friends to buy snacks from the Asian malls, drink bubble tea, and shop/eat at the Richmond Night Market.  All those thoughts of the Good Ole Days came rushing back to me!

The first few photos are of Batu Ferringgi.  









We headed over to Batu Ferringgi in the afternoon to chill and relax.  The vendors at the Night Market started to set up around 5 - 5:30 pm along Jalan Batu Ferringgi.  












Overall, the Night Market reminded me of Hong Kong's markets (Ladies Market or the Temple Street Market).  The vendors carried a lot of the same things.  There were no food vendors, but there were a lot of restaurants along the road.  It was fun to check things out, but I didn't have the urge to buy souvenirs...IT JUST SEEMED LIKE I COULD FIND THESE THINGS EASILY in Hong Kong...

It was fun to explore the area though.  The beach was really great to chill on and watch people have a  go at parasailing.  This was actually one of the busier beaches that we had visited on our entire trip.