When most people think of Hong Kong, they see Victoria Harbour and all those beautiful skyscrapers that line it. I wanted to share some of the New Territories with you all.
The New Territories is where I live. It's quite a train ride out of the heart of the city, but it is so spacious and luscious with greenery.
I thought it would be nice to share a bit of what we saw whilst riding around on our bikes.
***Wonderful Finds Along Our Bike Ride***
1. I love how people reuse materials out here. Below, there is a huge complex that was reconstructed out of freight boxes.
2. Along the hillsides, you can see that there are some burial grounds resting in the sunshine.
3. Here is a lovely monument to the red and green taxis.
4. Below, another beautiful example of reusing materials. Who knew rust could be so unbelievably lovely!
5. Out in the New Territories, there are still a lot of villages that are intact. Finding them so remote is amazing.
6. The ride out here makes me feel like I'm not really in Hong Kong anymore. It could be the village houses? It could be the fact that everyone drives here? It could be the telephone polls, which I FEEL ARE SO RARE to see these days?
7. Lastly, we spotted a clay pig at someone's driveway. I wondered if it was a feng shui thing.
Most of the outskirts of the Yuen Long area are industrial spaces. There are a lot of villages out here as well, but most places seem to be construction machinery places, auto part places, and the like. It's really interesting to see a different part of Hong Kong.