Monday, March 2, 2015

Seattle: The Pacific Science Center

From now until May 25, 2015, the Pacific Science Center is hosting the Pompeii exhibit.  It's a pretty awesome exhibit where you can walk through and experience how life was back in 79 AD.  The exhibit covers life of the peasants to life of the upper class, wining and dining culture, architecture, structural layout homes, art in frescos and marble statues, and also the eruption (which was the coolest part for me).






Beyond the exhibit, the normal exhibits totally gave me flashbacks to high school, especially the dinosaur exhibit.  Gosh, I remember this place being ultra cool, but, going back, it looks so dated!  There are parts of the Pacific Science Center that have been updated technologically, but there are other parts that are very 1970s!  So very nostalgic!





The Butterfly House has always been there, but this was the first time that I actually went in there.  I think it's because I had such a great time at the Butterfly Farm in Malaysia...The Pacific Science Center's Butterfly House is quite small, but there are a good variety of butterflies that live there.  It was one of my favorite parts of this most recent visit.





In the courtyard of the Pacific Science Center, there are the water cannons, a massive rotatable granite ball, and a high rail bike experience (small, but mighty fun), which are usually open during the warmer months.  The water cannons, though, are always available for shooting and make spending time outdoors of the Center really fun.


It was really nice revisiting this place.  I really like how a lot of the exhibits are a blast from the past.  I also really liked seeing the new (new to me) Professor Wellbody's Academy of Health and Wellness.  Really awesome and popular with the kids.