Summer seems to be officially over! That's a nice change of weather for me because now it sort of feels like Fall, with the cooler evenings and the overcast skies.
In celebration, I decided to make a summer salad, as a parting lunch.
Here is a salad where all the ingredients can be easily found in any Hong Kong supermarket.
What you need for the Salad:
1. A cup of canned corn
2. A green bell pepper
3. A tomato
4. A bag of cranberries
For the Dressing:
1. 1/4 cup mayo
2. 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
3. 3/4 teaspoon mustard (the recipe online called for ground mustard, but normal mustard is fine)
4. 1/4 teaspoon sugar
5. Salt/pepper to taste
NOTE: This makes a hefty two person meal
Preparing the Dressing:
1. Firstly, I measured out 1/4 cup of mayo, mixed in the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and then added 3/4 of a teaspoon of mustard, 1/4 a teaspoon of sugar, and some salt and pepper. I mixed it all up and got the lovely dressing (pictured above).
Preparing the salad:
2. Then I opened and drained the canned corn, chopped up my tomato, chopped up my green bell pepper, and threw in my bag of cranberries.
3. I divided the proportions into two bowls (though only one is pictured above).
The final step:
4. Then I poured the dressing all over the salad and mixed it all in. I refrigerated the salads for about an hour before we CONSUMED them.
1. I like testing out new recipes online
2. The corn salad is really awesome for the summer/fall
3. Corn salad is pretty filling, which I love
4. I'm going to add this to my repertoire of things I can make in Hong Kong!