Monday, November 9, 2015

Yuen Long Flea Market

Back in May, I'd noticed that a little flea market had started up around Yuen Long's Long Ping MTR Station.  Every morning, when I head to work, I've been noticing that the flea market has pretty much been a constant fixture on the grounds below the station.  And every night, I've started noticing that people have claimed their spot for the following morning by putting their tarmacs and shoes around the station as place holders.


So, this morning, as we were taking our morning walk, I thought it about time to finally do that update on the flea market that has been steadily developing outside of the Long Ping MTR Station.


And I thought it would be nice to show a bit of what Yuen Long's water course way looks like on an early Sunday morning.  I think most of the flea market vendors set up shop before 6 am.  But, as we rounded the MTR station, it seemed like a lot of people were packing up around 7 am.


Packing up probably means that they're probably not supposed to be selling things!  But, lots of people still like to go and see what they have to sell.  There are bargaining battles happening left and right.  It's quite fun to just take a gander and see what all the fuss is about.


There are loads of treasures can probably be found.  There are also a lot of variety, from baby things, clothes, and jewelry to electronics, sports gear, and luggage.  There is a bit of something for everyone.


The little flea market extends from exit to exit and also along the water course.





It has been more than five months of me seeing the flea market and I still wonder if it will continue.  I'll probably update in the future.  But, this flea market isn't as amazing as the Kam Sheung Road one that I often talk about!  I still am really digging how this flea market grew out of nowhere.  Makes me love living in Yuen Long all the more.



A good Sunday morning walk…and a good look at the local flea market.  It has been a good day!