Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mémoire Monday: The Spiral

"Hong Kong is a shopping paradise!!!!"

That's something that I have heard a lot since moving here.  

The first mall in Hong Kong that I ever went to was Langham Place in Mong Kok.  The coolest thing about this mall is The Spiral, which is a bunch of trendy shops, restaurants, and a cinema that run in a kind of spiral in THE SPIRAL of Langham Place.  You have to actually see it to know what I mean...  

Escalator to The Spiral
When my friends and family visit, I always take them riding up the Central escalators.  Has anyone else done that?  It's a nice little thing to do to people watch, check out eateries and look at the different views of Hong Kong.  Like riding up the Central escalators, there is a sort of fun amusement to riding up this escalator.  I can't explain.

There are a lot of really great places to shop in Hong Kong...and if you are looking for a mall (especially since it is summer and it is the place to hang out when the weather advisory warning is on VERY HOT), here are some recommendations:

1.  Langham Place in Mong Kok
2.  Festival Walk in Kowloon Tong
3.  New Town Plaza in Shatin
4.  Elements right off of Kowloon MTR station
5.  Harbour City in Tsim Sha Tsui (TST)
6.  IFC Mall in Central
7.  Pacific Place in Admiralty
8.  Times Square in Causeway Bay

You know what...listing my favorite malls and all, I realized that these are the places I visit during the Christmas season to see the decorations.  These are only a few of the great malls to shop in...but it is a start into the great foray of Hong Kong shopping.

***WARNING:  There are RARELY any places to sit at the MALLS, so expect spending a few hours off your feet at a cafe or open restaurant!****