Thursday, May 29, 2014

Maleficent 2D

I'm not much of a cinema goer, but I just had to see this movie on opening day.  In a few words, I would describe this movie as fighting against the Disney One Dimensional (1D) Curse.  

Even though Maleficent was given a name that assumes by nature she is inherently able (maybe willing) to do evil, as a child, she had no trace of this villainous nature.  The fact that she was orphaned sort of released her from a curse of a predetermined character.  And the fact that we got to glimpse into her past and saw what major events shaped her life really created a huge amount of empathy for Maleficent.  AND to see how, over the course of a lifetime, people have the will power to change was so inspiring.  

As much as this movie could give Maleficent the dimensions she should have, my friend and I saw this in 2D...I wonder if the 3D experience at the cinema would leave me with a more dazzling Maleficent experience...


I'm really loving the movies Disney has been putting out recently...