Monday, May 19, 2014

Traveling Tuesday: Tung Chung Citygate Outlets


Before leaving for Japan, I took some photos of the fountain!

I love when the fountain is going.  This is a great plaza area, where I can leisurely wait for airport whatnots, with my Subway sub, a coffee and Kindle, watching the kids play.

But, today the fountain is UNDER CONSTRUCTION!  And that is always amazing to see.  They lifted up all of the plates and I think it is undergoing maintenance or construction.   Still, a nice plaza to wait for airport whatnots, with a salad from Taste, a coffee and my Kindle.  The days are hot and humid!  Oh the Hong Kong Summer is here!

Another thing that I can add to my list of Why I LOVE HK:

1.  Lantau Island

This is such a great island and it is vastly different from the New Territories and Hong Kong Island.  It feels like a holiday getaway.  I think it is probably the droves of tourists...or the outlet mall, but I really like being able to travel over to Lantau and just hang out with friends!

Getting here is easy.  Tung Chung is the MTR Station that connects this island to the rest of Hong Kong.  From Tung Chung, you can walk straight into the Citygate Outlets.  And there is a simple network of buses that visit all the other tourist spots on the island (The Big Buddha, Po Lin Monastery, Ngong Ping 360, Tai O Village, Mui Wo, and Disneyland).