The first thing you'll notice is the Ginger Bread House sticker that is placed over the entire building.
|The Tea Room facade|
The second thing you'll notice, when you first walk in, is the amazing smells! It really depends on which season you visit the Tea Room, but I reckon, during Christmas time, it must smell like Christmas.
|Selection of teas|
|Top tier of scones and pastries|
|Middle their of sandwiches|
|Bottom tier of cakes and sweets|
1. Presentation (5 out of 5) The presentation of the teas were my favorite bit. A tray of little glass bottles containing tea leaves and the like were laid on our table. We were prompted to test the scent of the teas and select which ever we would like to try for the session. In regards to the presentation of the sweets and sandwiches, I love how attention was paid to the detail. Everything was beautifully garnished, the colors were so beautifully pastel, and it just looked so delicious!
2. Taste (5 out of 5) Everything was incredible. Things were not too sweet, not too salty, not too sour, and not too...it was just really enjoyable. I was happy and my afternoon tea friends were happy as well.
3. Service (5 out of 5) The woman serving us must have been the owner. She was wonderful. She explained the selection of teas, gave recommendations, and also went through the selection of sandwiches, pastries, and desserts. She was very professional and knowledgable. I could tell that she loved what she did.
4. Atmosphere (5 out of 5) This Tea Room was so cozy and bright. There were about 4 different parties of patrons at the Tea Room while we were also there, but it didn't feel crowded. Everyone seemed to be in a joyous mood, dressed very smart, and enjoying the food. It was just so comfortable and lovely.
5. Return-ability (5 out of 5) I would definitely return. The unique thing about the Tea Room is that you first have to purchase "tea cards" from their online site. After you have paid for your tea cards, you can make reservations. The cost of afternoon tea for two runs at around 500 HKD. This feels quite exclusive and makes those you bring with you feel quite special. I would definitely return. In fact, this was my second time going!