Sunday, March 30, 2014

Eats Week: Dim Sum @ The Chinese Banks' Assn. Ltd.

I used to be one of those people who would go to the grocery store, shop for a few days of produce, and make a salad for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Since moving to Hong Kong, I find myself eating out more often than cooking at home.  There is just so many restaurants that I feel like I have to try them all!

This week, I thought it would be nice blog about some awesome EATERIES that Hong Kong has to offer.

The first place I want to blog about is The Chinese Banks' Association Limited (5/F South China Building, 1 Wydham Street, Central).  This place was very "Member's Only."  I was invited by some wonderful friends to have a dim sum brunch.


Dim sum is one of my favorite things to eat in Hong Kong.  Here are some of the dishes that we ordered, which, perhaps, you mind find wanting to test out the next time you head to the dim sum restaurant.

[WARNING]:  I tried to write out the Cantonese as best I could!
Shrimp dumpling [Ha Gau]

Steamed Cake [Ma Lai Go]

Barbecue Pork Bun [Char Siu Bao]

Rice Noodles and Beef [Go Chau Au Hok]
Spring Roll [Chun Gun]

Floating Custard Bun [Lao Sa Bao]

Leek and Pork Deep Fried Dumpling [Ja Gau Ji]

Corn, Shrimp, and Veggie Dumpling [Fun Goh]

Beefy Meatballs [Au Yok]

Another type of Meatball [Gon Jing Au Yok]

Overall, I really enjoyed the restaurant.  I probably enjoyed it mostly for the atmosphere and the fantastic company I brunched with!  The waitstaff were so nice, the place was quiet, and the dim sum was amazing!   Oh how the dim sum was amazingly delicious!   If I could be invited back to The Chinese Banks' Association Limited, I would say "yes" most definitely.