Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Strolling Hong Kong Park

I used to really be into Jane Austen novels when I was a kid.  And when the Pride and Prejudice mini-series came out, the one with Colin Firth, all the women in my family were glued to the television set.  AAAND when the DVD came out, we bought it.  AAAAANNNND I have since watched this mini-series a handful of times.  

One impression that Austen novels left on me was the fact that everyone strolls.  Elizabeth strolls the gardens with her sisters.  She strolls a sitting room with Mr. Bingley.   And she strolls around Mr. Darcy's grounds.  

I bring this up because, I'm quite the stroller.  We used to take walks all over the Islands when I was younger, which is probably why I also am into hiking.  

Hong Kong has many a great hiking trails and also many a great places to stroll.  I thought I would snap some shots of our stroll through Hong Kong Park. 

Museum of Teaware

Restaurant

Lippo Centre

Coy pond



Hippo topiaries

Giraffe topiary

Turtle pond

Frog falls!!!

HSBC building through the waterfall
I cannot emphasize how amazing the weather in the Hong Kong autumn is!  The weather is cooler in the evenings and the humidity has dropped severely.  The season is about to change and I am ready for some layering and more strolls outdoors.

I hope you enjoyed the walking mini tour.