Tuesday, June 17, 2014

DIY: Wall Art #2

A month or so ago, got a sketchbook filled with empty pages.  My father in-law came over to our place awhile back and saw the paintings that I had freshly fixed to the wall behind our television.  I think he thought it would be a nice gift to give me a sketchbook to put all my ideas into.  I was happy to receive the sketchbook because I never really had a proper one before.  I tucked it under my coffee table, never really thinking I was putting it out of sight and out of mind.  I was just busy with other things.  But, like Poe's beating heart, I could see its sunny yellow cover peeking out from under the coffee table.  Every morning, as I sat my coffee to rest and went about my daily business, it would beat.

And, I was glad that I finally took out the sketchbook because I have been on a painting streak recently.  I like the fact that I can just get out my brushes, paint, a cup of iced tea and throw on some music and paint.  Therapeutic, for sure.




I'm enjoying the Hawaiian Tropics theme of my recent wall art.  I rarely visit Hawaii anymore because I prefer to visit Seattle in the summers (the weather is a lot more comfortable for the summertime me).  I wonder, in my future home, if I should dedicate a room to Hawaiian wall art and another room to Seattle wall art.  I reckon that I might live in my Hawaiian Tropics room during the Hong Kong winter and camp out in my Seattle Cascades room during the rest of the year.

A great afternoon spent...