Friday, April 17, 2015

Mr. Taco Truck

Being from the Pacific Northwest, there is a little bit of pride when talking about our food trucks...especially the ones down in Portland.  Not that Seattle's food trucks aren't as captivating.  El Camión, anyone?

A friend and I were down in Lan Kwai Fong looking for food in the early afternoon and were drawn like buzzards to the man wielding a Mr. Taco Truck sign.  My mind was just churning at the fact that there could be a food truck in this city that I have never been to!  And a Mexican food truck at that!

We followed the guy to a little shop on Wo On Lane.

Turns out, it wasn't a food truck, but they did have a faux truck disguising the kitchen in the back of the restaurant.



They did have a pretty descent menu at some really good prices, though.  So, that was something to look forward to.

Mr. Taco Truck Info:
Shop B, Ground Floor
14 - 15 Wo On Lane
Lan Kwai Fong, Central

Hours:
Mondays - Thursdays from 11:30 am - 10 pm
Fridays 11:30 am - midnight
Saturdays noon - midnight

How to get there:
1.  From Central MTR Exit D2, take a left on Theatre Lane

2.  Queen's Road will be right in front of you

3.  You'll see Lan Kwai Fong across the street

4.  Cross Queen's Road and Wo On Lane will be on the right

5.  Take a right onto Wo On Lane and Mr. Taco Truck will be on the left



We went pretty simple with our lunch choices.  The first thing we got was a salad.  It was pretty all right.  I feel like you can never really get a bad salad, but it was a good mix of lettuce, tomatoes, and some rice.  We got a mildly spicy dressing to put over the salad.  Not bad...



The second dish we got were the swiss cheese enchiladas with chicken, which was one of the recommended dishes.  This was also pretty good.


For dessert, we got the churros.  These were also pretty all right.


I think that, if I ever do go back, I might order some of the highly recommended and highly rated things that Mr. Taco Truck is known for.  I might have to do some research on Open Rice, but, overall, this place was pretty all right.

There are no complaints from me.

But, yeah.  I don't think I'd go out of my way to get my Mexican fix from Mr. Taco Truck.  If I find myself in the area and need a quick afternoon snack, I think there is a likely chance that I might drop by.