Thursday, April 10, 2014

Yuen Long Eats #3: 許祥昌食店 (Hui Cheung Cheong Canteen)

I think I mentioned this before, but Yuen Long is known for food...or so people tell me.  Today, my husband and I went for one of the local noodle shops.  It's called 許祥昌食店 or Hui Cheung Cheong Canteen.  This one is near the Yuen Long West Bus Terminus.  It sits across from the Secondary School near the Yuen Long Plaza.

Location:  Shop B, G/F Shun Fat Building, 17 Kik Yueng Road, Yuen Long

Opening Days:  Daily

Opening Hours:  10 am - 10 pm

This place always seems busy during the day.  I think it is because of the nearby school lunch rushes.  Even on the weekends, it seems like this place needs a 5 - 7 minutes wait to be seated.  This was the first time that I went there in the evening, around closing time, and have seen it so quiet.

It was nice to see all the ladies joking around at the end of their work day!  They were more attentive and willing to have fun with the customers!  It was definitely a nice change to when they are in full-on working mode.

We got two all-in-one noodle bowls.  And they totally hit the spot.  



The small size
The large size

This is the kind of fast food that I love!