Friday, October 24, 2014

Accro Coffee


Current read:  "The Night Circus."

A minute walk off of Long Ping MTR Station, Exit B, there is a little neighborhood cafe called Accro Coffee.  The thing that drew me into this cafe was the huge sign that boasted World Siphonist Champion.  Though I am not a coffee connoisseur, I do like my coffee.

I've been here a lot recently because I have been trying to escape the sound of drills (the perks of living in Hong Kong…lots of buildings being constructed…and lots of apartments undergoing renovations).  

When it's boiling hot outside, I can take refuge in Accro's air-conditioned space.  When I'm tired from a long day of work, I can sip a cup of Joe and let my mind wander.  When I want to get away from the Yuen Long crowds, I can sit in solitude at one of Accro's tables.  When I want to finish a book that I have been mulling over for weeks, I can read the hell out of that book at Accro because of the chilled vibe.

I've only indulged in the coffee here, which is pretty good.  I believe they serve snacks and, definitely, cakes as well.  Though this place is probably most proud of their siphoning of coffee, I think the ambience is the draw for me.