Friday, October 10, 2014

Good Eats: The Flying Pan

A good place for a breakfast, lunch, or dinner is the Flying Pan.  There are two restaurant locations:  Central and Wan Chai.  Tonight, we went to the Flying Pan in Wan Chai.

Flying Pan Info:
3/F Empireland Commercial Centre 
81 - 85 Lockhart Road
Wan Chai
OPEN 24 HOURS

I love this place.  When I first moved to Hong Kong, my husband and I would either opt for salad or this breakfast joint.  It really depended on our mood, but having the option of breakfast at any point of the day was and STILL is so enticing.


There are always seats available, especially when eating at 6pm.



My favorite seat is the corner seat because I can check out what's happening below, which isn't much because the City is pretty much QUIET except for the current Occupy sites.


Here's a view of the menu.  Decent prices for the amount of food that is served.  The combos are always a fabulous deal because, besides the main dish, you get (1) a small drink and (2) two sides.  The side menu consists of things like tomatoes, fruit salad, or cinnamon apples.


We ordered two cups of coffee to perk us up for the remainder of our day.  And we got an orange juice a la carte (which was too small for me!)  I sometimes wish I could order a LARGE.  Actually, I bet I could...because where on the menu does it say that all drinks come in small glasses?

Typing this...probably won't help me to remember to try to order a LARGE next time.


Our first dish (below):  Eggs Guacamole with Avocado and Salsa.


Our second dish (below):  Biscuits and Gravy.


This was such a great meal to recharge and a great place to just chill for an hour or so.

The Wan Chai Flying Pan is a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the Wan Chai night life, which makes it convenient to visit when you do need to chill.  It's also one of those infamous 2/F cafes (though The Flying Pan is on the 3/F) that you can find all over the City.  I'm not so sure what makes the 2/F cafes so infamous, but I suspect that it is due to the spectacular view of the street.