Monday, October 20, 2014

Amazing Finds: Kam Sheung Road

Last weekend, we headed out to Kam Sheung Road to see if the Halloween decorations were on the shelves at The Red Brick House.  I wanted to share some amazing finds because EVERY visit to the Kam Tin area is laced with amazing NEW FINDS.

1.  I don't know if I mentioned this before, but the jiao zi at The Red Brick House is my absolute favorite.  We were sitting at one of the tables and I noticed a note taped to it.  My husband translated it as:  

To all visitors:  
To be hygienic, please do not put your pets on the table.  

We appreciate your cooperation.  
Thank you.

Little touches like this make me love visiting this place.  Reminds me of Seattle's quirkiness!



2.  There is an amazing curios shop at The Red Brick House.  It's where I get a lot of my seasonal decorations.  Not only are the Halloween Decorations out in full regalia, but the shelves have been stocked with quite a bit of OWL-y things.  It's a nice addition to the Halloween theme...and not so obvious.



3.  I found this ancient television with a pretty recent Disney-inspired casing.  I didn't know they made televisions like this anymore.


4.  In Beijing, I used to see retro-Made-in-China toys all the time.  They were always at the local tourist shops on Nan Luo Gu Xiang.  Spotting them in the window of one of the toy shops was a surprise.  These make really great gifts for adults (hand raised!) who love to decorate their homes with retro wind-up things.


5.  This is old news, but the leather shop moved locations.  Now it's at the entry way of the Red Brick House.


6.  Whenever I walk around the area, I always check out the village houses.  MY DREAM in life is to own my own home.  And there is one for rent...brand new...which makes me drool.


7.  The second most amazing thing about Kam Sheng Road is the flea market at the MTR exit.  It's only open on the weekends, but they always have amazing things to look at.







8.  Lastly, I wanted to share our amazing purchased finds.  We got

(1) a Nick Vujicic buoy that says, "Get back up when life knocks you down,"
(2) a set of drawers for my desk,
(3) an egg timer for those times when you need it,
(4) and an old copy of a Time's 100 New Scientific Discoveries.


Places like this, make me happy to be living so far up here in the New Territories.  It's always an adventure in discovering things.