Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas Market @ Hullett House

Today, we headed down to Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) to check out the Christmas Market at the Hullett House, which is located at the top of the 1881 Heritage Building.  This European-style market was held in the 50 Pigeons Courtyard and was host to bread, chocolate, wine, craft, and other specialty booths.


~Some of my AMAZING finds~

1.  My favorite part about these types of markets are the handicrafts and unique gift ideas that are all collected in one space.  Check out the crocheted ducks at the ends of these scarves.


2.  There were decorations of all kinds for your home.  I loved how there were loads of Christmas-themed booths, actually. It really made it feel like Christmas in Hong Kong isn't as different as Christmas back in Seattle.


3.  When I saw these nutcrackers, I thought of my mom and how she buys a new one almost every year.  Just seeing these guys made me want to see The Nutcracker this winter.


4.  This is sort of a find, but there were so many different types of booths.  Because the 50 Pigeons Courtyard is quite small, the booths were crowded together.  There had to be over 50 booths at the venue.  And each one peaked my interest...


5.  While we were at the Market, there were performances by a local children's dance school.  There was even a performance done of Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas."  Memories!


6.  In the center of the Market, there was a little food/drink area.  You had to purchase Hullett House dollars before purchasing any of the foods with those special bucks.  We totally didn't buy into that, though, because TST has a lot of amazing options for dining.


7.  Something really unique were these lovely loaves of bread.


8.  There are a lot of things for adults, as well as children.  Aren't these reminiscent of sock puppets?


9.  My favorite thing ever was finding this booth that specialized in Christmas bark!  This inspires me to be more creative with my own DIY holiday bark recipe.


The Christmas Market's last day is tomorrow (December 7, 2014) and will be open from noon to 9pm. There are a lot of amazing chocolates to try and unique stocking stuffer ideas…I definitely recommend a peek through!